Notices and Deadlines
- Students impacted by B.C. Teachers' Federation strike: The University of Alberta admission policy requires that all prospective students applying from high school submit their final transcripts containing all required courses by August 1, 2014. In order to accommodate the situation B.C. high school students in non-traditional methods of study face as a result of the strike, the University of Alberta will extend its document deadline to August 25, 2014 for these applicants.
- Coursework not included on official transcripts cannot be considered.
The University of Alberta is unable to provide admission to any student who does not submit final grades for all required subjects by the August 25 extended deadline.
- We are sympathetic to students whose admission decision will be negatively impacted by this situation, however the University of Alberta cannot amend its admissions requirements at this time.
- Students who are inadmissible for the fall 2014 intake can reapply next year.
- Application opening date change: For high school students applying for the 2015-16 term, the opening date for application for admission is October 1, 2014.
- Tuition Deposit reminder: Newly admitted students must pay the $500 Tuition Deposit in order to be eligible to register in classes. Please pay your Tuition Deposit as soon as possible in order for you to get into your selected courses. Visit Tuition Deposit for more information.
- Online application form browser issues: Please be advised that our online application form is currently experiencing issues with Internet Explorer. If you encounter issues and are unable to submit your application, please login and continue you application in Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
Application deadlines for each undergraduate program are included in the Programs and Requirements search tool.
For a complete listing of application and document deadlines refer to §12.7 of the University Calendar.
Application Deadline Extensions
||all undergraduate programs
||July 1, 2014
||all undergraduate programs (paper application only)
||July 15, 2014