Once you've read all of the steps, click on the “Start My Application” button below to launch our online application form in a new window. If you have questions or need assistance with your application form, please visit Ask Student Connect.
International students attending high school in Canada must also obtain a study permit as part of their application process. For more information please visit our International Students page.
Choose Your Programs
Use our Programs and Requirements search tool to browse over 200 undergraduate program options.
As a new student you can list two program on your application
, so be sure to explore your options (returning students or current students transferring programs have one choice of program)
Check the Requirements
Use our Programs and Requirements search tool to c heck the admission requirements for your program(s) of interest.
If you're a high school student in Canada, you can use the Am I Eligible function to input your grades to assess your eligibility for the program. Start by searching for the program you are interested in, then use the Am I Eligible button on the right-hand side to determine your eligibility for that program.
Submit Your Application
Start Your Application
Begin your online application by clicking on the "Start My Application" button above.
Note: We recommend using Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari as your web browser when filling out your application as all versions of Internet Explorer are not supported for use with the online application.
If you are unable to submit your application online, you may download a PDF application form. Applicants to Campus Saint-Jean may submit the Campus Saint-Jean PDF application form.
- Opening date: October 1 is the opening date for high school students to apply for admission. The opening date for all other applicants is the next business day after July 1 of each year.
- Closing date: May 1 is the deadline to apply for all programs that offer direct entry from high school. Be sure to check the Programs and Requirements search tool for program-specific deadlines. See Notices and Deadlines for a list of deadline extensions.
- $125 for undergraduate students new to the university
- $75 for current or former UAlberta undergraduate students (including those from Augustana)
- The application fee is nonrefundable
- For online applications, the fee is payable by Visa or Mastercard
- For paper applications, the fee is payable by Visa, Mastercard, cheque, or money order
Check Your Email
After you submit your application you will receive an email with your new seven-digit student ID number. Within two business days, you will also receive a separate email containing your Campus Computing ID (CCID) and password. Use this to log into your UAlberta email account.
It is important for you to check your UAlberta email account on a regular basis as this is how the university will communicate with with information about your application. Learn More »
Sign in to Bear Tracks
You will also need your CCID to access Bear Tracks, our secure online student service system. Once you’ve logged in to Bear Tracks, you’ll be able to:
- Check your Application and Admissions Status
- Check your To-Do List
After we receive all of your outstanding items, we will update your application status to "Complete." If and when you receive Admission, you’ll also be able to register in courses on Bear Tracks (see step 10).
Apply for Scholarships
Apply for Residence
Submit Your Documents
Make sure to submit your final documents, transcripts, and any other outstanding items required as part of your application. Log in to Bear Tracks and click on your "To-Do List" for more information, including deadlines and requirements.
- Alberta high school students: The University will obtain your provincial high school transcripts automatically as part of the application process.
- High school students outside of Alberta: You must ensure that a copy of your transcript be sent directly to the university from your province’s issuing authority.
Learn more about submitting transcripts and other required documents »
Accept Your Admission Offer
Once you receive an offer of admission, you must go online to accept it and pay a $500 deposit by the date specified in the offer letter in order to confirm your admission. You will be notified via email of any official correspondences from the University of Alberta.
See Student Tuition Payment Options for details on how to pay tuition and fees.
Register in Courses
Once you have accepted your admission offer and paid the $500 deposit, you will be notified of your enrolment date and will be eligible to register in courses on Bear Tracks, beginning in April. Visit Registration 101 for more information about registration for first year students or to sign up for a Registration 101 Workshop.