Notices and Deadlines
- Admission decision letters: The Office of the Registrar is moving to a paperless system for distributing admission decision letters to applicants. Effective October 1, 2014:
- Admission decisions will be provided electronically, in Bear Tracks. (Students will no longer receive a printed letter from the Registrar’s Office that informs them of their admission decision.)
- Students will receive an email notifying them when an admission decision is made and available in Bear Tracks. Students will be able to view, download or print the document at their discretion.
- The document shall be considered official documentation from the University of Alberta, whether in print or digital form.
- Note: Some faculties and departments may continue to send official correspondences via printed letters.
- Application opening date change: For high school students applying for the 2015-16 term, the opening date for application for admission is October 1, 2014.
- Tuition Deposit reminder: Newly admitted students must pay the $500 Tuition Deposit in order to be eligible to register in classes. Please pay your Tuition Deposit as soon as possible in order for you to get into your selected courses. Visit Tuition Deposit for more information.
Application deadlines for each undergraduate program are included in the Programs and Requirements search tool.
For a complete listing of application and document deadlines refer to §12.7 of the University Calendar.
Application Deadline Extensions
There are currently no deadline extensions - any future deadline extensions will be posted here.